Auto Accident Information Can Be Vital For Your CaseThe shock from being involved in an accident may leave you feeling confused as to what to do next. The steps you take immediately following an accident are vital to ensuring that you get the settlement you deserve for your injuries. Knowing the right auto accident information to obtain following an accident can save you time and may increase the amount of your settlement.
- Gather Evidence
In an auto accident case, the burden of proof lies with the injured. That is why it is essential that you make sure to gather as much evidence as possible, including:
- Pictures of the damage done to your vehicle or other property
- Pictures of your personal injuries
- Eyewitness accounts assessing the accident
- Police report
- A licensed physician’s account of your medical injuries
- Call the Police Make sure to call the police after an accident occurs in order to file a police report. The policeman will document the accident, and help you to gather the insurance information from the other party involved. Even if the other party insists on handling the situation without getting the police involved, call them anyway. Most insurance companies require the auto accident information from a valid police report to process your claim. Not to mention that it will be essential evidence in your injury case, if you later decide to file one.
- Obtain Medical Attention Whether you feel that your injuries are relatively minor or you received more serious injuries, make sure that you obtain the proper medical attention. Keep in mind that a sore neck may be symptomatic of a more serious issue later on, so it is important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident.
- Call a Lawyer Find a San Antonio auto accident lawyer who specializes in handling cases similar to yours. While the insurance company may try to settle for a lower monetary amount than you deserve, a reputable attorney can often get you the settlement that you deserve in your case.
Having the right information on auto accidents is crucial in order to receive a fair settlement. An experienced lawyer can help you determine if you have the right information to file your auto accident claim. Call 210-828-6033 today schedule your free case consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at Welmaker Law Firm, P.C.